In our house we have a mantle. If you’re lucky enough to have one then this is just for you. With adding a location of our booth I thought I’d share some of the stuff I’ve been working on. Yesterday I was cleaning up and took a peek in my fabric bin. Here I found some of the following materials. You could do this with whatever fabric you have but I’m going to share with you what I used.
First you’ll need some string and fabric. I used Jute (5ft), burlap (50 strips of 8″x1″) and buffalo check (50 strips of 8″x1.5″). Depending on how big you want it will determine the length of cut. If you use burlap make sure you keep in mind that it can be very messy.
To assemble you just tie a knot over the string in a pattern.
I’m pretty happy with how it turned out and it’s the perfect fit for our mantle. -Kara
Did you like the tutorial? Tell us how you would use this in your space. Comment below 👇🏻
In addition to your home we invite you to check out our new super soft Happy Fall Y’all T-shirt. You can find these next week at Rustic Corner in Jenison or in the online shop.
Other mantle items:
Water pitcher and cotton from Walmart $16
Letter H and truck from Hobby Lobby $20
Country egg sign and trick or treat bag from Hanes Home Market
Trick or treat yo’ self sign from uniquely Chic by Karen
We have many new fall items in the shop that we are very excited about. Also this week only we are offering 20% off your purchase of $50 or more in the online shop. Simply use code SUMMER20 at check out. Lasts until September 2, 2019. We hope you love these as much as we do!
Coming up later this fall…
Join us this Fall for the Farmgirl Flea 2-day event and shop 200+ vendors who will bring you amazing vintage and handmade goods from across the USA. The vendors are carefully juried to bring you the best shopping experience over the course of 2 days.
Come see why the Farmgirl Flea has been featured as one of the top 100 markets to attend by Flea Market Style Magazine! The events have also been featured in local newspaper articles as well as Flea Market Decor Magazine and Vintage Holiday Magazine. How exciting!
TWO-DAY EVENT- Friday September 27 and Saturday September
Friday September 27 event hours 4pm-8pm
– VIP event $15 entry fee for 12 and over. Includes the Friday night early buyer pre-sale & also includes Saturday re-entry into the market. ALL vendors will be set up for VIP event and Saturday as well. Shop two days in a row😊
Saturday September 28 event hours 8am-4pm
– $5.00 entry fee for Saturday; kids 12 and under are FREE. All vendors will be set-up, restocked, & ready for day #2 of shopping for you!
Location: Hudsonville Fairgrounds
Address: 5235 Park Avenue, Hudsonville, MI, US
Full Details at www.FarmgirlFlea.com
Crunchy leaves, pumpkin everything, hot apple cider, donuts and football games. Could there be anything more perfect than fall? We’re sharing some of our favorite things this fall;
- Amazing pumpkin donuts from our local place in Hudsonville, Michigan called, Post Family Farm. They are the best if you get them while they are still warm.
- Apple Pie. This is probably my favorite dessert of all time with a side of ice cream. We have a friend that makes the most delicious pies at The Warm Oven Bakehouse.
- Sweatshirts, t-shirts and campfires. I love a comfy pair of jeans and a nice warm sweatshirt.
- Boots. Every year I’m on the hunt for a cute pair of fall boots, here is my favorite pair from this year.
- Farmer’s Markets. Have you ever been to one? For those of you who are local, here are a couple that are in the area that are must sees.
Jenison Artisan Market
Grandville Farmer’s Market
See more of our fall products in our shop at https://www.etsy.com/shop/haneshomemarket